Valentine's day is coming... and here is a painting that popped into my mind "The Vow to Love" what a strong painting with dynamic lines and a fall into desire. Here you can see a statue of a blindfolded Amour (son of Venus) from your right and a young woman throwing her self, transported by desire with her eyes closed and dramatically raising her left arm towards her head which express her fall into desire.
The scene takes place in a dense garden which extenuate the magical intimate moment between the woman and Amour. The woman is emphasize with light and her dress is flown and full with folds. From the left side behind there is a cupid on a wooden log like the woman on the statue.
What can describe the feeling of falling in love better than Fragonard's "The Vow to Love". Love is blind and the passion is so strong that you can not see a thing, you are "throwing" your self to your love driven by your passion and desire.
If you found your one or wish to court here are some gift ideas to that special day:
1. A bouquet of red/orange (or both) flowers – the colours of passion.
2. Box of chocolates – I know that the flowers and chocolates are not unique, but you can not ever get wrong with them, after all they are classic gifts.
3. A watch with dedication behind of some words of love from a poem, from your first date etc.
4. A romantic dinner that you have cooked and it does not mean that you have to cook something complicate, it is better to cook something simple like a nice pasta, oven cooked chicken anything that you do well and of course a bottle of wine and desert.
5. Printed sheets of your favorite picture together or a customize picture with your faces.
6. Take the weekend off and travel together to a place you love.
In the end it doesn't really matter what the present is, the important thing is the thought!!!
Happy Valentine's day for you all