My Art World Blog

My Art World Blog

Welcome - ברוכים הבאים

Here you could read articles, ideas, thoughts and my prespectives in art history.

I hope you will enjoy my blog and your comments will be more than welcome!




Pages

Jan 29, 2011

Capes are back - winter 2011


I have noticed that capes are back in fashion, now you can see women wearing their ‎capes in winter and I must admit at the beginning it looked a bit strange although the ‎cape has it own charm.‎

Anyway it reminded me a beautiful painting by the 18th century French painter Jean ‎Baptiste Siméon Chardin (1699 – 1779), Morning Toilette, c. 1740, oil on canvas, 49 ‎‎× 39 cm, Nationalmuseum, Stockholm, Sweden.‎

In this painting you can see a mother and her daughter with their capes on. The scene ‎is taking place in a small room with a table and a mirror. The light in the painting is ‎coming from the left side with range of reds and pinks. The little girl cape is in pale ‎blue, the mother wear a black sheer cape. They share an intimate mother and ‎daughter moment with their elegant charming capes.‎
‎ ‎

No comments:

Post a Comment